Check out the DrupalCon Portland notes hub page for notes from other sessions at DrupalCon Portland.
Session: Organic Groups \\ Message
Day - Time Slot: Wednesday, May 22 - 02:15pm–03:15pm
Presenter: Amitai Burstein
Amitai’s intro was so amazing. You really need to watch it. In fact his session is so funny you should really make time to watch it. My notes are more sparse for this session but here they are.
- Just watch the video for this funny joke of a module he used as his intro.
Organic Groups 2.x
- Multiple group-audience fields
- User can be a group!
- Memberships are entities
- Fine-grained roles and permissions
- OG Roles
- New Integration with Views & VBO
- People in group list is now a view
- Can edit membership from this page now
- Exciting new secrets about EntityFieldQuery and OG!
- Message, Message subscribe, and Message notify
- Create activity streams
- Message types are like node types
- Makes zero assumptions
- Message Example creates a new message when a new node is created
- Message have ids like nodes
- Translatable fields
- View modes
- tpl overides
- Preprocess functions
- Message only loads user token once and hard codes it
- Cache your views even if it’s only for 10 seconds
- Sending messages
- Notifier plugin: email and SMS out of the box. Others can be added
- Many options with view modes. Each view mode can be rendered differently
- Glue module between Message and message notify
- Uses Flag: Flag is responsible to for presenting links to subscribe users
Faster is not always better
- Super funny illustration that must be watched
- Password Hashing
Q & A
- Is Digest messages on the roadmap for message module
- Needs to be done in a contrib module
- Answer to message via email
- Open Atrium 2 does this. Check that out